Study a Master's in Education
Come along to our Study a Master’s events to speak with academic staff about postgraduate education courses.
Our MA Education has several names pathways, allowing to focus on your own specialism:
- MA Education
- MA Education (International Education)
- MA Education (Special Needs Education) in collaboration with NICE - Centre for Movement Disorders
Subject to module availability, we can also facilitate awards in other specialist areas of study, including:
- Childhood Studies
- Conductive Education (in collaboration with NICE - Centre for Movement Disorders)
- Early Years Leadership
- Leadership and Management
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Youth and Community Education
If you are interested in these awards plea
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in Master’s study in the School of Education and Social Work in September 2019, whether that’s immediately after you complete your undergraduate degree or if you’re considering a change of career.
- Those who are already qualified teachers or working in organisations engaged in education who want to further their skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Current Birmingham City University students from any discipline who have an interest in education.
- Anyone who has made an application or has an offer to start a postgraduate Education course with us in September 2019 – you’re more than welcome to drop in to ask any questions you may have surrounding the course.
Why you should attend:
There will be one to one conversations you can have with academic staff who can help you choose the course that is right for you and ask any question you may have about placements, modules, course delivery and more.
Our Master’s courses can be studied part-time or you may wish to only study modules individually as part of your continuing professional development. This is an ideal opportunity to discuss your interests and options with academic staff.
You’ll also be able to see for yourself the fantastic new learning facilities and resources, part of the recent £41 million expansion to our City South Campus.