Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Orchestra with Jian Wang
Boccherini Chamber Music Festival
The Bradshaw Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, 200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR BCU STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Director Zoe Beyers
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Orchestra
Imogen Russell soprano
Jian Wang cello
Eduardo Vassallo cello
Boccherini Symphony Op.37 No.1 G515
Boccherini Cello Concerto No.9 in B flat G482
Boccherini Aria accademica G557 ‘Se un amor tiranno’
Boccherini Symphony Op.12 No.4 G506 ‘La casa del diavolo’
Boccherini’s symphonies bookend a dizzying display of his extraordinary writing for cello. His well-loved Concerto in B flat preludes the rarely performed Aria Accademica, featuring stratospheric writing for obbligato cello along with solo soprano. Viva Boccherini comes to a close with the his best known symphony, The House of the Devil.