Postgraduate Study: Go beyond boundaries in your legal career
Birmingham City School of Law is committed to making better legal professionals through its impressive, internationally oriented selection of LLM degrees.
We believe that a balanced view makes better legal professionals. It’s why we don’t just teach law; we advocate it, and why we don’t just focus on the professional practice, but actively break down barriers to social justice and human rights throughout the world.
Our courses are taught by an outstanding team of professional, research active staff who have extensive practical experience, giving you first-hand knowledge of the legal field. We offer a range of high-quality postgraduate Law Masters courses, designed to make you stand out in your legal career.
LLM International Business Law
The LLM International Business Law meets the current demand for specialist knowledge and skills in a rapidly expanding field. The course provides you with the opportunity to explore the legal regulation of the world of international business.
LLM International Business Law >>
LLM International Human Rights
Our LLM in International Human Rights will expose you to the fundamental aspects of the field, and provide you with the opportunity to critically examine the impact of the international human rights standards on national constitutions and laws.
LLM International Human Rights >>
LLM International Law
The LLM International Law analyses how international law operates within the key areas of human rights and business law.
LLM International Law >>
Legal Practice Course
The Legal Practice Course (LPC) is the final academic stage of qualification before becoming a solicitor.
Legal Practice Course >>
LLM Legal Practice
The LLM Legal Practice combines a masters qualification with the Solicitors Regulation Authority requirements of the Legal Practice Course.
LLM Legal Practice >>
LLM Professional Law
This course combines a masters qualification with the PGDL / Common Professional Examination (CPE) qualifications.
LLM Professional Law >>
Postgraduate Diploma in Law
If you do not have an LLB Law degree awarded by a university of England and Wales, completing this course enables you to go on to professional training as a barrister or a solicitor.
Postgraduate Diploma in Law >>
Why choose Birmingham City University?
- Our LLM programmes qualify for funding under the new Postgraduate student loan scheme.
- We have strong professional links with Birmingham Law Society, the four Inns of Court and respected firms such as Square Sanders LLP, Wragge & Co and Duncan Lewis.
- Our transnational approach towards our LLM degrees allows students to explore the global impact of international legal regulations as well as current trends within international business law or human rights.
- You will have the opportunity to study overseas on the LLM International Business Law, LLM International Human Rights and LLM International Law programmes.
- We have a range of facilities to accommodate your learning including two mock courtrooms, an e-learning suite and an extensive law library.
LLM International Business