Great Scholarship 2021
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Birmingham City University is offering two scholarships of £10,000 to students from Thailand and Malaysia applying for postgraduate courses in Computing, Engineering and Built Environmental courses.
The GREAT Scholarships 2021 programme, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from selected countries to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
- 1 X £10,000 Scholarship for a student from Malaysia
- 1 X £10,000 Scholarship for a student from Thailand
Postgraduate courses in Computing, Engineering and Built Environment
To qualify for this award you should have achieved a Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a 2:1, which equates to:
- GPA of 3.0/ 4.0
- 3.0 CGPA
- 2.5 CGPA for universities listed below:
- Assumption (ABAC)
- Mahidol (MUIC)
- Sirindhorn (SIIT)
- Prince of Songkhla Chiang Mai
- Be a citizen of Malaysia or Thailand
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- Be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- Active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship you should first apply for your course of interest:
Once you have an offer please make a separate GREAT Scholarship application.
Applications will close for entries at 23:59 GMT 30 April 2021.
The shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interview selection.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2021, please visit Study UK and the British Council website in your country.