Applicant Taster Days
Take a look at our dates and booking details, and see what you can expect on the day.
View your schedule for the day and find out what you’ve got to look forward to.
Dates and booking
- Saturday 19 February (including Foundation Year in Video Game Design and Video Game Development)
- Wednesday 2 March (including all Foundation Years)
- Saturday 12 March (including Foundation Year in Video Game Digital Art and all Film courses)
- As part of the application process, you will receive a formal email inviting you to register for an Applicant Taster Day. If you have been offered a place and have not yet received your invite, please let us know.
- You will find your username and password instructions in the official acknowledgement email we sent to you when we first processed your application.
- Some dates may not host Applicant Taster Days for all courses. The available dates for your course will be shown after you click ‘Book Your Place’ and login. If a date is not listed, then it is not available for your course.
An Applicant Taster Day is more in-depth than an Open Day and gives you a more tailored experience.
You’ll find out more about your course and hear about the student experience through taster sessions and opportunities to meet academic staff and current students. You can also visit our accommodation and chat to our support services. If you have already been to an Open Day, this is your chance to explore your course and department in more detail and if not, you’ll get an in-depth introduction to studying here.
Here are some of the things you'll be able to see and do during your Applicant Taster Day:
Get in-depth information about your chosen course.
Hear about the student experience at BCU, and where your course will take you.
See the facilities that you’ll have access to on your course.
Talk to your future academic tutors.
Our current students will tell you what it’s really like to study here.
Find out about finance, accommodation and student support.
Getting to BCU
Planes, trains and automobiles? Birmingham is full of transport links! From the newly refurbished New Station, providing a way to work and study in Birmingham for people all across the country, to the newly extended Metro system, there are so many ways to get around.
Get directions from your house