Enhancing your employability skills
The School of Engineering and the Built Environment has excellent links with industry and outstanding facilities.
We have worked with more than 4,000 businesses including JCB, Jaguar Land Rover, Bromford Industries, Mechatherm International Ltd, Morgan Motor Company and Rolls-Royce.
We are a member of the Motorsport Industry Association and a ‘lighthouse’ member of the SAP University Alliances programme. A number of organisations have given accreditation to our courses including the Chartered Quality Institute, the Institute of Engineering and Technology, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Our employment rates are outstanding – 94 per cent of those surveyed went into either employment and/or further study.*
- Of those, 90 per cent were in a graduate level job.*
- The average salary for a graduate who went into full-time paid employment was £28,500.*
- The highest salary was £50,000.*
- Our graduates have entered a variety of professional roles including design engineers and project managers.
- Employers who have hired our graduates include Nuclear Engineering Services, Ford, Volkswagen, Airbus, Bentley, Jaguar Land Rover, Hyundai, Honda, BMW and Rolls-Royce.
*Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2009/10 – which surveyed students six months after graduation.