Sound and Music
The production side of media has a heavy reliance on technology, and we aim to ensure that you benefit from the best possible introduction to working with this equipment to prepare you for your career in the industry. At the School of Digital Media Technology, you can take full advantage of a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art technology and facilities.
- SSL AWS 924 mixing console,
- PMC and Genelec Monitoring,
- External outboard effects, including
- 2x 1176, 2x Emperical Labs Distressor, DBX 160
- Connects to a large, sound treated live recording space,
- With line of site through to control room.
- PMC monitoring
- spl mastering console
- Manley Massive Passive Equaliser.
- Audient 8024, 24 channel Analogue mixing console
- Focal and KRK monitoring
Foley pit, used for sound for film and video.
Medium Size sound treated Recording space.
Ideal for recording drums, solo instruments and small bands. The Drumtank is a large, 3m x 5m isolation booth large enough to record drum kits and other instruments where tighter acoustic performance is required.
Extensive Microphone Locker
Live sound Equipment
- DigiCo S21,
- Midas Pro2C
- Midas M32R
- Sound Craft SI Compact
- 3x Behringer X32
- Behringer X32 Rack
- d&B Audiotechnik Q-Series Line array
- dBTechnologies DVA mini Line Array