The Natural Voice will give you an introduction to the work of Kristin Linklater and will be the beginning of a "journey of voice discovery that will appeal to all your senses". (Kristin Linklater, Freeing the Natural Voice)
You will experience the vocal and physical freedom of speech which voice training can give you, delivered by Voice Tutors, Simon Ratcliffe* and Francoise Walot*, who will help you to explore the expressive potential of your voice.
The course will serve as excellent preparation for the five-day course Comedy in Shakespeare.
*Simon and Francoise are members of BSA's Voice Department and accredited teachers of the Linklater Method.
If applying to either our 'Natural Voice' or 'Comedy in Shakespeare' short training courses, you will need to provide brief information about your previous performance experience or training when applying.
To apply for this course, please use our online application form:
Fees and Finance
Please note that there is a reduction of £100 on this course's fee if you are also attending the next stage the following week, Comedy in Shakespeare - with Kristin Linklater. This will bring the fee for the four days to £150. Please make it clear on your email that you have a place on Comedy in Shakespeare or if you are applying for both courses simultaneously.
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team by emailing ShortCourses@bsa.bcu.ac.uk
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
Prospective students from outside the UK
- Please use the International Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us +44 (0)121 331 5389.