Preparing for Audition is a full one-day workshop where you can get tuition in what to expect from drama school auditions and get individual help with their prepared pieces. You will be expected to work and remain focused throughout the day and this will reflect some of the intensity of concentration and energy needed to get through a workshop recall audition or indeed an average day in a drama school.
There is no age restriction on this course.
The workshop will be delivered by one of the Senior Acting Tutors from the full-time BA (Hons) and PgDip/MA courses at Birmingham School of Acting. One of the full-time students from these courses will be on hand to talk to the workshop participants about their experiences of auditioning.
There is also the opportunity to see a performance from our BSA students, the ticket price is included in the price for the day but attendance is optional and can be selected at time of booking.
Students will be required to bring one prepared speech to the session. The speech may be contemporary or classical and should be no more than two minutes in length. It must be thoroughly learned. This speech will be used as an example of practice – good or bad.
The course covers:
- Choosing your school
- Reading the prospectus
- When to apply – at what age is best
- Gap year options
- Making the application and writing a personal statement
- Selecting your pieces
- Preparing the pieces
- Preparing for the initial audition
- Preparing for a recall audition
Duration: 1 day
Time: 10.30am - 3.30pm
Date: Saturday 10 December 2016.
There is a lunch break between 1pm and 1.30pm and the opportunity to see a performance in the theatre from BSA students at the end of the day. The performance is not compulsory and attendance can be selected on the application form)
Course Code: TBC
Visit our Season Shows page to view information on the performances.
There is a reduced rate of £20.00 (+£1.85 booking fee) for people who have already applied for a full-time course at BSA beginning in September 2016. Group bookings may be available at a negotiated rate. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team by emailing ShortCourses@bsa.bcu.ac.uk
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
Prospective students from outside the UK
- Please use the International Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us +44 (0)121 331 5389.