Working in the health and social care sector, you’re learning every day: dealing with unique situations, practising cutting-edge techniques and supporting people from all walks of life.
‘Continuing Professional Development’ (CPD) courses support your learning throughout your career: whether you want to update or refresh your knowledge, expand your expertise or explore new areas of practice.
All of our courses support your career progression within a friendly, supportive and encouraging environment. These courses vary in length and are flexible in delivery: allowing you to fit your professional development around your work and home commitments.
Our courses make the most of your skills: whether you’re keen to graduate or you simply want to learn something new.
We have a ‘professional navigator’ service to help you identify the best career path for you: ensuring you make the right choices to achieve your personal and professional goals.
For more information on the module and how to apply, click on your preferred module below:
- Acquired Brain Injury (Non Competency)
- Administration of Anti Cancer Drug Therapies (double module)
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- End of Life Care
- Enhancing Neonatal Critical Care
- Exploring Intraoperative Practice - Clinical
- Exploring Intraoperative Practice - Theory
- Exploring Issues in Immediate Postoperative Practice - Clinical
- Exploring Issues in Immediate Postoperative Practice - Theory
- High Dose Therapy and Stem Cell Transplant
- Leadership and Innovation
- Major Trauma
- Managing the Acutely Ill Adult in Hospital
- Orthopaedic Practice
- Paediatric High Dependency
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment
- Spinal Care
- Symptom Management in Palliative Care
- Transformational Leadership in Health and Social Care
Find out more about Dimensions in Healthcare Framework and Online degree Professional Studies in Health and Social Care.
If you're unable to use the online form for any reason, you can complete our PDF application form instead.
Online application and enrolment process
- Complete an online application form via the link. The form requires you to submit a completed authorised funding form which must be uploaded with the application. Alternatively, you can download a hard copy application form.
- When your submitted application form has been processed and approved, details of the module and enrolment details will be sent to the email address stated on your application form.
- You will be sent an email asking you to complete your online pre-enrolment. This must be completed before you enrol.
- Without proof of funding, you will not be able to complete your enrolment/receive online pre-enrolment email. The funding form must be received within four weeks of the enrolment date; otherwise you will be withdrawn from the course.
Please submit your application as early as possible. We aim to give you a decision within two weeks of receiving your application. Please note that NHS Trust application deadlines may differ from our own and you should check with your NHS Trust training/education contact for confirmation of their deadlines.
Please ensure that you include full details of your qualifications and relevant work experience as part of your application.
Method of payment
The method of payment of your course fees will differ depending on whether you are a self-funding, sponsored or contracted/commissioned applicant. Definitions are provided below and you must choose the appropriate option when prompted. If you are unsure which funding method applies to you please consult your training/education contact in your NHS Trust prior to applying:
You are paying for the course and responsible for the fees.
Select 'Self Funded' when making your application.
Course fees are paid directly by the employer/NHS Trust which means we invoice your employer/NHS Trust to obtain payment.
To apply for this course you must download and complete the CPD Sponsorship Agreement Form, and submit it with your application. The upload facility is available in Section 3 of the application form: Fees and Sponsorship.
Select ‘Sponsored (eg employer, NHS Trust, charity)’ when making your application’.
The NHS Trust agrees with HE West Midlands for your course fees to be paid directly to the University from funds managed by HE West Midlands for pre-agreed programmes.
To apply for this course you must obtain a contracted/commissioned financial support form from your Trust contact and upload the completed form and submit it with your application. The upload facility is available in Section 3 of the application form: Fees and Sponsorship.
Select ‘Funded by HE West Midlands (Contracted/Commissioned)’ when making your application.
Our Professional Navigators, Adele Millington and Nicola Clarke are on hand to offer guidance and will help you to choose which modules are best for you, taking into account your aims, professional or clinical experience, KSF requirements and your academic achievements.
Call Adele and Nicola on 0121 331 6162.