Essentials of Pro Tools provides a more detailed look at the Pro Tools system. This three-day course covers all the key concepts and skills needed to operate a Pro Tools system. The course provides the foundation for the later 200-series Pro Tools Music Production and Post Production courses.
- Getting started – Configuring your studio and session
- Controlling Pro Tools – What is an external controller?
- Managing sessions and tracks
- Recording MIDI and audio
- Loop recording and auditioning
- Understanding timescales
- Virtual instruments and plug-ins
- Editing MIDI
- Editing audio
- Understanding automation
- Mixing – Use of sends, returns, and plug-ins
- Pro Tools LE 7
- EQ III
- Dynamics III
- Pro Tools Ignition Pack™
- Music Production Toolkit
- DV Toolkit™ 2
- 002 rack
- Command 8®
- Pro Tools|HD
- M-Audio Trigger Finger™
For more information on our Avid-accredited courses, please visit the NTI Birmingham website.
Basic computer skills, some audio recording knowledge, and some Pro Tools familiarity. Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools is intended as a prerequisite for taking the 110 course. Passing the 101 exam is required before taking the 110 exam.
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team online by using the Course Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
Prospective students from outside the UK
- Please use the International Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us +44 (0)121 331 5389.
The New Technology Institute
15 Bartholomew Row
Tel: +44 (0)121 202 4800
Fax: +44 (0)121 202 4801