Membership and Joining

Cons BCA logo New

Membership of Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Association (RBCA) is open to former students and tutors, current staff, parents and friends. On the presentation of a valid Membership Card, all RBCA Members are entitled to receive:

  • Concessionary ticket prices as published for concerts given by Royal Birmingham Conservatoire within the Conservatoire building
  • Fanfare magazine
  • 15 per cent discount on hire charges for rehearsals in practice and lecture rooms during vacation times (this benefit does not include the Concert Hall)

RBCA Life Members may be granted fee-exempt external membership of the Birmingham City University library, which now incorporates the music library.

Join Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Association (RBCA)

You can join RBCA using the online form below. RBCA is a subscription-based organisation and payment can be made either by electronic bank transfer, standing order or cheque (made payable to RBCA). Unfortunately, we cannot accept credit card payments online at present. After submitting your form, please post a cheque or arrange your bank transfer or standing order by contacting the Hon Treasurer (as below).

For further information, or to receive a membership application form by post, please contact either of

John D Smith, RBCA Hon Secretary
359 Heath Road South
Birmingham B31 2BJ

Tel: 0121 476 4741
Email John Smith

Helen Mills, RBCA Hon Treasurer
47 Blenheim Road
Birmingham B13 9TY

Tel: 0121 449 2135
Email Helen Mills

Membership details

I / We wish to become member(s) of RBCA in the following category

* Category
Your details
* Have you ever been a registered student (Full time or Part time) at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire / School of Music?
Gift Aid declaration

Boost your donation/subscription by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address above is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.

In order to Gift Aid your donation/subscription, you must tick this box:
I want to Gift Aid my subscription and/or donation to Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Association and:
I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year, it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Donor's Details

Please tick if you need a receipt from RBCA for tax return purposes

Please notify RBCA if you:

• Want to cancel this declaration

• Change your name or home address

• No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Data Protection Act 1998: Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 Birmingham City University undertakes to process any data collected from this profile in a responsible manner. Specifically, it will process any personal data in print or electronic media (including the internet) fairly, for the purposes of promoting and marketing activities. The University will ensure the accuracy and currency of data; documented timescales will be applied to the retention of information held in this connexion.

The University does not share the information collected you have provided with any third parties, except research agencies or service providers, to assist with or carry out research and provide statistical information, by means of, for example, conducting telephone surveys or delivering email, direct mail or text messages on the University's behalf. The University ensures such agencies handle information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

It is your right at any time to view copies of data held by the University in relation to you. Appropriate measures shall also be taken against accidental loss or damage to your personal data, by means of permissive access to the database. The data shall not be transmitted outside the European Economic Area.

More information about our privacy policy and how to contact us.