Lunchtime Music: Lixin Liu (soprano)
The Bradshaw Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, 200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Tickets on sale soon
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Lixin Liu soprano
Jonathan French piano
Handel Care Selve from Opera Atlanta
Mozart Dans un bois solitaire, K.308
Chausson Le Colibri, Op.2, No.7
Fauré En Sourdine, Op.58, No.2
Schumann Waldegespräch, Op.39, No.3
Strauss Mädchenblumen, Op.22
Ravel Five Greek Folksongs
Britten The Salley Gardens
Britten O Waly Waly
Britten The Plough boy
Hu Yanjiang Mayila Variation (Kazakh Folksong)
Let us embark on a wonderful musical journey with masterpieces written by the best composers of all time, including Handel, Mozart, Chausson, Fauré, Schumann and Strauss. Experience what the protagonist encounters when searching for his beloved through the forest. Then, allow your imagination swing you from Europe to the Far East with folk songs composed by Ravel, Britten and a Chinese composer Hu Yanjiang.
Join us to experience the talent, creativity and ingenuity of our final year students as they leave the university and launch their careers.