Callum Smart (violin) and Richard Uttley (piano)
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Callum Smart violin
Richard Uttley piano
Beethoven Violin Sonata No. 8 in G major, Op.30, No.3
Schubert Fantasie in C major for violin and piano, D934
Ginastera Pampeana No.1 Op.16
Callum Smart attracted wide public attention at the age of thirteen having won the strings category of the 2010 BBC Young Musicians Competition performing Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and Vasily Petrenko. In the same year he went on to become the top European prize-winner at the Menuhin Competition and now enjoys critical acclaim for his lyrical and accomplished interpretations.
Callum is joined by Richard Uttley. Noted for the integrity and breadth of his musicianship as soloist, chamber musician and recording artist, Richard has been recognised for his ‘musical intelligence and pristine facility’ International Record Review, ‘amazing decisiveness’, and ‘tumultuous performance’ Daily Telegraph.