NEXT Musicians and Thallein Ensemble with Errollyn Wallen (piano)
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Thursday 2 May
Birmingham Record Company Day
Birmingham Record Company Day launches an exciting partnership between BRC and the internationally acclaimed NMC Records with this special one day festival featuring performances and works from many of the artists associated with the label.
NEXT MUSICIANS AND THALLEIN ENSEMBLE WITH ERROLLYN WALLEN (PIANO)
Errollyn Wallen piano
Andrew Toovey Music for the painter Jack Smith
Andrew Hamilton Waldo
Genevieve Murphy Your Blue, my Purple
Kirsty Devaney Root
Fumiko Miyachi Hedge
Errollyn Wallen Greenwich Variations
Joe Cutler Slippery Music
As part of this special day of events, the inaugural cohort of NEXT musicians join our Thallein Ensemble for a programme of new and recent works from composers, who are either tutors or graduates of Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. This event will be recorded for future broadcast on BBC Radio 3’s Hear and Now.
Image credit: Dominic Harris