Commuter Concert: James Gilchrist
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Photo © Patrick Allen
James Gilchrist tenor
Mark Eden guitar
Dowland Come away, come sweet love
Thinkst thou then by thy feigning sleep
Can she excuse my wrongs with virtue’s cloak?
Shall I strive with words to move?
In darkness let me dwell
Dodgson Four poems of John Clare
The Peasant Poet
Britten Songs from the Chinese
The Big Chariot
The Old Lute
The Autumn Wind
Recognised as ‘the finest Evangelist of his generation’, James Gilchrist’s extensive repertoire embraces works spanning many centuries. He is an enthusiastic and prolific exponent of lieder, and enjoys nothing better than putting together interesting and challenging recital programmes. He is accompanied for this early evening concert by guitar virtuoso, Mark Eden.