Commuter Concert: Fu-Min Tseng (piano)
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
£10 (£8) ticket entitles you to drinks offer at Boult's Bar
FREE TICKETS FOR BCU STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Fu-Min Tseng piano
Scriabin Three Pieces, Op.2
Medtner Two Fairy Tales, Op.20
Prokofiev Piano Sonata No.8, Op.84
Starting with three short pieces by a young Scriabin, one can hear both the influence of Chopin and Scriabin’s own mature musical language. Then, the atmospheric and colourful Fairy Tales present the most personal of Medtner’s idioms. The concert concludes with Prokofiev’s most gentle but anguished third War Sonata.