Andrew Downes Performance Prize Winner: Edward Leung (piano)
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Edward Leung piano
James Allen piano*
Turnage Tune for Toru from True Life Stories: Five Meditations for Piano (1995-1999)
Andrew Downes Sonata No.1, Op.12
Franz Liszt Réminiscences de Norma, S.394
Andrew Downes Sonata for Two Pianos, (Ps. 9, v. 9), Op.40*
Lauded as one of "16 Incredibly Impressive Students at Princeton University" by Business Insider, American pianist and Andrew Downes Performance Prize Winner, Edward Leung joins us for what promises to be a hugely enjoyable lunchtime concert.
"A real poet of the piano."
Christopher Axworthy, Concert Promoter