Decibel Play Ed Bennett
The Lab, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Composer / Artistic Director / Electronics Ed Bennett
Conductor Daniele Rosina
Mira Benjamin violin
Neil McGovern saxophones
Michelle Holloway recorders
Jack McNeil clarinets
Martyn Sanderson trombone
Paul Norman electric guitar
Sebastiano Dessanay bass
Eliza McCarthy piano
Damien Harron percussion
This handpicked ensemble of amazing musicians present a high energy programme ranging from wild and driving polyrhythmic workouts to delicate moments of stillness and quiet introspection, featuring some of the most outstanding contemporary performers working in new music today.
Decibel premiere Ed Bennett's new work for cello and amplified ensemble, Song of the Books, alongside works written especially for the group by maverick composers Laurence Crane, Egidija Medeksaite and others.
Decibel gratefully acknowledges the support of the PRSF Composers Fund.
Forthcoming events in Frontiers Series
Forthcoming dates will be announced soon.