Mendelssohn and Enescu String Octets
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Jeffrey Armstrong violin
Alicja Humeniuk violin
Olga Eckert violin
Mark Lee violin
Mabon Llyr viola
Yue Yu viola
Flora McNicoll cello
Bora Kim cello
Hear string octets from both Mendelssohn and Enescu in this extended early evening concert (finishing around 7.15pm).
The Enescu octet is rarely heard and highly regarded as one of the most complex and virtuoso pieces for string ensemble. Paired with Mendelssohn’s Octet, this makes for a very unique and extravagant programme performed by hand-picked musicians from Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Strings Department.