Beethoven: A Marathon
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
£5 (£3) per concert. £22 (£10) per day pass.
Tickets also available on the door
Enjoy some of the greatest music ever composed performed by Birmingham Conservatoire's exceptionally talent for our all-day showcase of Ludvig van Beethoven’s incredible life's work.
This public, all-Beethoven day highlights the composer’s incredible output across the span of his life. Join Conservatoire tutors Oliver Wille, Louise Lansdown, Alexander Baillie and John Thwaites in a day that also promises to be a fascinating showcase for the fabulous student talent at the Conservatoire.
In additon to performing, our respected and experienced tutors will help you explore some of Beethoven’s finest works, and gain a greater insight into his music.
Renowned Beethoven expert, Professor Barry Cooper, will also provide an insightful introduction to each of Beethoven’s Violin and Cello Sonatas throughout our incredible marathon day.
Purchase a ticket for the full day, or one of the following performances.
- Sonata for Piano and Cello No.1 in F major Op.5, No.1
- Sonata for Piano and Cello No.2 in G minor Op.5, No.2
- Sonata for Piano and Violin No.1 in D major Op.12, No.1
- Sonata for Piano and Violin No.2 in A major Op.12, No.2
- Sonata for Piano and Violin No.3 in E major Op.12, No.3
- Piano Quartet, Op.16 in E flat major (arr. from Wind Quintet Op.16)
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.4 in A minor, Op.23
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.5 in F major, Op.24 “The Spring”
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.6 in A major, Op.30, No.1
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.7 in C minor, Op.30, No.2
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.8 in G major, Op.30, No.3
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.9 in A minor, Op.47 “The Kreutzer Sonata”
- Sonata for Cello and Piano No. 3 in A major, Op.69
- Sonata for Violin and Piano No.10 in G major, Op.96 Cello
- Sonata No.4 in C major Op.102, No.1 Cello
- Sonata No.5 in D major Op.102, No.2