Auditions and Interviews
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire offers audition fee waivers to applicants for whom financial hardship might otherwise present a barrier to auditioning.
Please note we cannot waive the £25 application fee set by UCAS Conservatoires.
To be considered by Royal Birmingham Conservatoire for an audition fee waiver, the applicant should:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK (i.e. not just for the main purpose of education)
- be applying for an undergraduate degree course
- have an annual household income equal to or below the eligibility threshold set by the Student Loans Company for a full student maintenance loan. This is currently £25,000 per year.
Requests will also be considered from applicants who are leaving residential care.
Typically, applicants will be in receipt of one of the following, and should be prepared to submit evidence as proof of their household income:
- Jobseekers’ allowance
- Income support
- Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credit or Universal credit
- Housing benefit
- Personal Independence Payments (PIPs)
- Full-time Carers’ allowance
To request a waiver:
- Complete the UCAS Conservatoires application and pay the UCAS application charge, but do not pay the RBC audition fee at this point. You will need to pay the UCAS charge in order to make your application visible to RBC staff.
- Download and complete the form at the link below, and email it to either:
Or if sending a hard copy by post:
Admissions Officer (please specify Music or Acting on your envelope)
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Birmingham City University
200 Jennens Road
- Any information you provide will be treated in confidence and only viewed by staff processing the request. It will not be seen by the audition panel.
You will be notified of the decision on your application for a fee waiver as soon as possible. If a waiver is granted, this will be processed on UCAS Conservatoires.
Requests will normally be processed within 14 days of receipt.
Please note that we cannot consider requests received after an audition has taken place.