School reps and SALs
Student academic leaders (SALs) are the backbone of Birmingham City University's student voice structure, as a SAL you would be responsible for:
- Building relationships with the programme leader and senior members of staff from your school.
- Liaising with the Students' Union and your school rep about your work as a student academic leader and your contribution to your course.
- Feeding back information to students on your programme.
- Arranging and participating in student feedback forums by empowering your course mates to attend Student Feedback Forums and give them to opportunity to contribute to their course.
- You will motivate and encourage students to participate in the system, empowering students to make a difference in their university experience at BCU.
There is more information about training and sign up on the BCUSU website.