CIPFA Joint Event with the Centre for Brexit Studies
CIPFA, the Centre for Brexit Studies at BCU and the Brexit Advisory Commission invite you to a unique session that will explore the risks and opportunities of Brexit for public services in the West Midlands.
Our panel of experts will set out the critical issues, drill down into some of the detail and suggest what deal the UK should be seeking to promote and protect the interests of public services in the region.
The panel includes:
- Chair: Julia Goldsworthy, Director of Strategy for the West Midlands Combined Authority and Chair of CIPFA’s Brexit Commission - who will chair the event
- Professor Alex de Ruyter, Director for the Centre for Brexit Studies
- John Clancy, Former Birmingham City Council Leader and Visiting Professor with the Centre for Brexit Studies
- Jonathan Tew, Deputy Chief Executive of Birmingham City Council
- Beverley Nielsen, Director for the Institute of Design and Economic Acceleration (IDEA), Birmingham City University
- Professor Stanley Siebert, Professor of Labour Economics, University of Birmingham.
We would be delighted if you could join us, for what promises to be a lively and thought-provoking debate.