Discover the future talent’s digital and technological solutions to your business challenges.
What is Innovation Fest?
Innovation Fest is a three day event (29, 30 and 31 May) offering businesses the opportunity to experience the creative talent emerging from Birmingham City University’s faculty of Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment.
As part of their studies, Birmingham City University students are encouraged to work on business-linked projects aimed at developing digital and technology-based prototypes addressing industry challenges, utilising the latest research, innovation and facilities.
The final day of Innovation Fest invites businesses (31 May) to attend a guided tour of the festival, meet with the student exhibitors and learn more about the industry projects featured on the show floor.
How can businesses benefit from Innovation Fest?
- Access over 400 graduating students who will be showcasing their project ideas.
- Learn from live projects in collaboration with industry, which could support your business objectives.
- Engage and network with students, mentors and fellow businesses in your industry.
- Discover future talent, technologies and processes for your business.
When and where?
Innovation Fest will be held on the 29, 30 and 31 May at Millennium Point. Businesses will be able to find and discover emerging talent on the 31 May date. Sign up for free for the opportunity to meet your future talent needs.
How can businesses be part of Innovation Fest 2019?
Businesses can access the latest student talent by offering their own business challenges as projects, or even participating in the judging process.
Schedule for the day: Knowledge Transfer Tour and accessing next-generation talent - 31 May
The 31 May event for businesses consist of two separate tours:
- A focused knowledge transfer session to connect with university expertise and their industry and research projects.
- Meeting with an enthusiastic community of learners and mentors and experts. Work with us to influence and foster talent for our regions.
- Discuss opportunities to establish relationships with BCUs Faculty of CEBE.
- Incubate Projects through our Mentored Projects.
- Short and long term placements
|From 9:30am||Welcome drinks (tea/coffee)|
|9:30 - 10:00||Knowledge and Innovation update.|
|10:00 - 10:30||Guided tour of computing graduate expo|
|10:30 - 11:00||Discussion and opportunities with knowledge transfers project and graduate jobs|
|11:00 - 11:30||CEBE Enterprise break time (networking)|
|11:30 - 12:00||Latest updates on graduate employment and recruitment|
|12pm||Guided tour of Innovation Fest|