Passport to Practice e-portfolio
Your academic success is just a part of who you are and what you can do. Employers want to see the whole picture – and with the Passport to Practice e-portfolio, they can.
What is the Passport to Practice?
Passport to Practice is an online system that aims to complement your CV or your LinkedIn profile by allowing you to compile an electronic portfolio showcasing all your talents.
It is a record of how, as a Business School student, you have engaged with real-life, business-related situations.
Students can record their skills in the following areas:
- Solving business problems
- Leadership and teamwork
- Generating/implementing business ideas
- Ability to communicate
- Cross-cultural and international outlook
- Drive, resilience and initiative
Each area requires at least one piece of evidence and a supporting reference from someone involved in the student project/work. Evidence can take different forms but could include:
- A photo of you taking first prize at a student competition.
- A video of you taking the lead at a charity event.
- A letter of recommendation from your manager
How does it help me to get a job?
Once completed, the Passport to Practice allows you to send a link to potential employers who can see your work first-hand or you can download a copy of the Passport and take it along to any interviews you attend.
On graduation, successful students with receive a Passport to Practice certificate as recognition of their hard work.