Dr Martin Eley
Associate Professor – Strategy and Management
- +44 (0)121 331 5218
Martin’s initial career was in management, delivering dynamic and progressive strategies, and operational effectiveness, as executive / director in major organisations. Positions included Director of Marketing for Zurich International Solutions Europe and Director of Investment Business for Centrica, Financial Services (British Gas, Goldfish and AA).
He then operated as a specialist advisor/consultant, and delivered high impact initiatives across multiple sectors. Clients have included Aviva Investors (Global), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Ford Europe and many more.
Martin also completed a number of years as a Member of the Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) Business Turnaround Panel/Network, and has served as Chief Executive of a public corporation.
Additionally he pursued a portfolio of cutting-edge international collaborative research for the European Commission, Government Departments and regional agencies. This collaboration includes many prominent universities across Europe and leading industrial organisations. He also served as an expert advisor and expert specialist for a number of European Commission initiatives.
He was a Fellow at Nottingham Business School before joining Birmingham City Business School. Martin has had several roles including:
- Director of Corporate and Executive Education for the Business School
- Academic-Subject Team Leader - Management, Strategy and Business
- Director of a Portfolio of Academic Programmes:
- Director of DBA Doctorates (Doctor of Business Administration)
- Director of Executive MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Director of BA Leadership & Management Practice
- Postgraduate Programmes Coordinator/Manager
Martin is now at Birmingham City Business School part-time as Associate Professor – Strategy and Management.