Coronavirus library restrictions
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are not accepting any registrations or visits from non-BCU students or staff. We will update this page when the policy changes. This includes all categories of membership.
Who can visit Birmingham City University libraries?
Student and staff membership is automatic upon receipt of a university ID card. Alumni are welcome to register as library users for a fee of £35 a year.
Other types of library membership include:
- SCONUL Access (for students registered at participating universities)
- External Library User reference only (5 visits a year)
- Prospective research students
- Royal College of Organists Membership
- Fee Exempt Membership
To find out more or begin registration, visit our website.
What are the benefits of external library membership?
- Borrow up to 4 items
- Use the library for study
- Free WiFi on campus
- Find Open Access resources via the library website and the BCU Open Access Repository
How do I find out more?
If you have any questions you can contact the library via chat, email, or phone.