Cookies and Privacy

The University uses cookies on this website to provide the best experience possible including delivering personalised content on this website, other websites and social media. By continuing to use the site you agree to this, or your can go to our cookie policy to learn more and manage your settings.

Certificates, transcripts and verifications

The University has begun to produce printed award certificates and academic transcripts, provided these have been requested via the MySRS portal. Once processed graduating students will receive a confirmation email to their BCU account to confirm when their documents have been posted out to them. Awarded graduates will continue to be registered with a Gradintel account to access a digital version of their certificate.
Should you also require an electronic verification letter please note these can be requested directly from MySRS by going to the ‘Award’ tab.

Original certificates and transcripts

Each qualified student is entitled to their original certificate and transcript and will receive an email soon after your award has been confirmed at an examination board.  This email will notify you when your certificate and transcript is available to request and requires you to confirm your current postal address. Please allow up to 15 working days in order to receive the automated email.

Digital Certificates

Birmingham City University has launched a new service that will provide future award holders with access to a digital version of their award certificate. This service also enables graduates to choose to share their digital certificate securely with prospective employers, universities and third parties.

 This service is being offered in addition to receiving a hard copy certificate and academic transcript, however please note we are not currently able to provide digital copies of transcripts.

For further information about how to access this service please go to Digital certificates.

Replacement certificates

Requests for replacement award/degree certificates must be made through the University’s Academic Registry Department. To request a replacement award / degree certificate, please complete the replacement application form. Please note you will be asked to provide Proof of ID to verify your Address and Request before this can be processed. For further information regarding timescales, delivery methods and costs please go to the FAQs page.

We will aim to approve your replacement certificate application and contact you to request your proof of ID within 30 working days of receipt. Once you have provided proof of ID we will then contact you to request payment. Once you have paid we aim to process your request within 15 working days. Once posted, please allow 10 days for it to reach a UK address and 28 working days for addresses outside the UK.

Replacement transcripts

Transcripts provide a breakdown of the subjects you studied on your course and the results you obtained for each module.

Requests for replacement transcripts must be made through the relevant Faculty/School Office. To request a replacement transcript, please select your faculty from the drop down list.

For further information regarding timescales, delivery methods and costs please go to the FAQs page.

Verification of studies

Each student is eligible to receive a Verification of study letter which confirms course title and study dates as well as award obtained and classification (if applicable).

Birmingham City University is an official partner of Higher Education Degree Data check (Hedd) and as such no longer accepts third party enquiries unless through the Hedd system.

For further information about all of our verification services please go to the BCU Verifications page here.


Should you have any further questions about requesting or receiving any of the above documents, please  view our FAQs

Replacement CNAA award documents can be obtained from Open University CNAA Aftercare.