Public Research Seminar: Liz Johnson, Jack McNeill
Public Research Seminar Series
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Dr Liz Johnson, with Jack McNeill (clarinet): Scintilla - Shape-shifting from the concert platform into the realms of theatre: the collaborative processes involved in creating a new work for clarinettist, live electronics and dancer.
Composer Liz Johnson and clarinettist Jack McNeill discuss their ambitious new work-in-progress Scintilla. Weaving layers of poetry, music, live electronics and breathing together, Scintilla creates a complex sound environment which will become a staged dance work exploring the inner landscape of the mind. The creative processes of the collaboration will be explored, with reference to film footage from rehearsals. Jack will perform live extracts and other recent clarinet repertoire.