Olivia Murphy Presents: The Virgil Suite
Eastside Jazz Club, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Olivia Murphy Almost Big Band
Olivia Murphy compositions/saxophone
James Romaine saxophone
Dan Spirrett saxophone
Alicia Gardener-Trejo saxophone
Percy Pursglove trumpet
Gareth Howell trumpet
Richard Foote trombone
Dave Sear trombone
Rebecca Wilkins voice
Francis Tulip guitar
Stella Roberts piano
James Owston bass
Jim Bashford drums
The debut performance of composer and saxophonist Olivia Murphy’s suite of music based on Virgil’s Aeneid. As well as telling the story of the epic poem, the music draws inspiration from jazz composer greats such as Mike Gibbs, Kenny Wheeler and Maria Schneider. Olivia’s Almost Big Band features 12 of some of the strongest musicians in the Birmingham jazz scene and beyond.
7.30pm Main show