Colombian Exchange Visit
Eastside Jazz Club, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
The jazz department are very happy to welcome Ricardo Narváez (saxophone and percussion) and Jorge I. Sepúlveda (drums and percussion) from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia. This visit is the first part of an exchange that will see members of the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire jazz and percussion department making a return visit to Colombia in April 2019.
Our jazz students will perform alongside Ricardo and Jorge in small bands, alongside a faculty concert with jazz visiting tutors John Turville (piano) and Mark Hodgson (bass), and on 29 March we will feature them and some traditional Colombian repertoire with our Afro-Cuban Jazz Orchestra! Not to be missed!