Former students and staff - join our Alumni Association for free and stay in touch.
Former member of staff?
Register as a former student
How we will use your personal data?
We will use your data to keep a record of your relationship with the University and to deliver a range of alumni and supporter activities. This will include sending you regular communications, telling you about events, promoting opportunities, benefits and services that may be of interest to you, fundraising and requests to complete relevant surveys.
Here are examples of activities that we might use your data for:
- Sending you publications from the University by post or email (subject to your preferences)
- Telling you about University events, alumni events and reunions and sending your invitations
- Giving you information about opportunities that we think may be of interest to you including job vacancies, mentoring, auditions, Alumni of the Year, volunteering and competitions
- Contacting you about opportunities to give donations to support our work
- Sending you communications from your school or faculty
- Giving you information about further study opportunities, including postgraduate fee discounts and scholarship
- Asking you to complete relevant surveys for example about alumni services, higher education or opportunities available.
We may use records of your interactions with the University to help us understand your level of engagement, which may be recorded on your individual record to help us personalise our service to you and direct resources appropriately.
Contacting us about how we use your information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 121 331 5288.
If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner is available at: https://ico.org.uk