James Owston Presents: Splitting the Atom
Eastside Jazz Club, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
James Owston Nonet David Sear trombone
John O’Gallagher alto sax David Ferris piano
Dan Spirrett tenor sax Steve Saunders guitar
Xhosa Cole baritone sax James Owston double bass
Ashton Smith trumpet Euan Palmer drums
Splitting the Atom is a new project presented by bassist and composer James Owston. The project consists of new, original compositions inspired by various theories and aspects surrounding particle and astro physics. This new band, put together specially for this music by James who was a finalist in the BBC Young Musician 2018 competition.
6.30pm Set 1
7.30pm Set 2 James Owston Nonet