Boccherini Chamber Music 1
Boccherini Chamber Music Festival
Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Guitar Quintet No.9 in C major G453
Juan Pablo Brugere guitar
Leonie Jones & Lucy Armstrong violins
Holly Coombes viola
Joanna Rottenbury cello
String Quintet Op.39 No.1 in B flat major G337
Lourdina Baboun & Risa Sekine violins
Emily Dore viola
Harry Broom cello
Tom Neil double bass
String Quintet Op.29 No.4 in A G316
Boglárka György & Tomohiko Kimura violins
Nicholas Fidler viola
Ulrich Heinen & Bora Kim cellos
String Quintet Op.46 No.4 in G minor G362
Camille Morana & Zhi Koay violins
Carla Mendoza viola
Ruoxa Zhao & Jingyi Wei cellos
Guitar Quintet No.6 in D major G448
Chris Roberts guitar
Yung Hsuan Chuang & Renee Neeson violins
Aimee Lucas viola
Matthew Philips cello
Boccherini’s preferred genre of the string quintet takes centre stage in the opening concert of Viva Boccherini. We hear the breadth of his instrumentation in writing for five players, culminating in the famous fandango, evoking the sights and sounds of Madrid after dark.