Key Dates for 2015/16
|Welcome Week||Monday 21 September 2015|
|Semester 1 begins||Monday 28 September 2015|
|University Open Day||Saturday 3 October 2015|
|University Open Day||Saturday 14 November 2015|
|Winter vacation||Monday 21 December 2015 - Friday 8 January 2016|
|Semester 2 begins||Monday 25 January 2016|
|Easter vacation||Monday 21 March - Friday 1 April 2016|
|Semester 2 ends||Friday 20 May 2016|
|End of Assessment Period||Friday 10 June 2016|
|End of Re-sit Period||Friday 19 August 2016|
Faculty-specific term dates
Students are requested to also check their faculty calendars for specific course details as some courses may vary from the standard dates. Download timetables for the following schools or faculties:
- Faculty of Arts, Design and Media
- Faculty of Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment
- School of Allied and Public Health Professions
- School of Education
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences - undergraduate
- Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences - postgraduate
When will my timetable be available?
26 AUGUST 2015 - Publication of personalised student timetables via iCity and iCal applications.
w/c 21 SEPTEMBER 2015 - Timetables for new students available during Welcome Week via iCity and iCal applications
When will I be able to see my timetable?
The following things need to have occurred in order for your personalised timetable to be visible:
- You need to be fully registered for the academic year
- First year students must make sure that they have fully enrolled in order to view their personalised timetables.
- Returning students need to have successfully passed their previous year and have been progressed through an examination board.
- If you are a student studying Health related programmes, the nature of teaching on certain programmes means that examination boards do not take place until September/October. You will therefore receive hardcopy course timetables in PDF format. These will be emailed to you by your Programme teams. As soon as the examination boards have taken place, and provided that you have no reassessments, your timetable will be visible.
How do I access my timetable?
Accessing your personalised timetable is very easy and can be imported into a multitude of different apps and systems, i.e. Apple iPhone, Android, Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mac, Office 365. You can view instructions on how to do this on iCity here
If you have any problems accessing your timetable please log a call with CICT who will be more than happy to help. Information on how to contact CICT can also be found on iCity here
Who do I contact if I have queries/concerns about my timetable?
If you have any questions related to your timetable please complete the timetabling enquiry form. Your query will be forwarded to the relevant member of Timetabling staff. We endeavour to respond to all queries within 2 working days.
If your query relates to changing the timetable in any way, your Programme Lead will be contacted for final approval.