Visiting our libraries
Reservations and inter-library loans
Not in stock?
You can make a request to borrow items that we do not stock through our inter-library loans service.
If you want further details then ask at a library Help Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations can be placed on Birmingham City University items in the following circumstances:
- All of the copies are out on loan.
- All of the copies are at another Birmingham City University campus library
Once an item is reserved, the current borrower will no longer be able to renew the item and it will be temporarily put aside for you once it is returned. If you're requesting copies to be sent from another campus, please allow a few days for them to be transported. If it's more convenient, you may visit any of our libraries and take items out.
To place a reservation:
- You'll need your library number and 4-digit library PIN (given to you when you register) to reserve items using the library catalogue.
- Find the item on the library catalogue.
- Click on the 'Request' button next to the title.
- Enter your borrower number and 4-digit library PIN.
- Remember to select your preferred collection site.
- A message will be displayed to confirm your reservation.
- An email will be sent to your University email address when the item is ready for collection.
Your reserved items will be put aside for you for one week from the date that it is ready. After this time it will go to the next person in the reservation queue or back on the library shelves. If you no longer need the item, you can cancel it on the reservations tab of your library account.