This is an intensive fortnight for actors and non-actors with an emphasis is on hard work mixed with enjoyment.
The course will run Monday - Saturday each week from Monday 5 - Saturday 17 August 2013.
View the audio slideshow to hear what some of our Summer School students had to say about their experience and see what they got up to!
Several hundred students have passed through the BSA Adult Acting Summer School over the last 20 years and many have gone on to further study in the theatre and allied professions. The following is a brief example of ex-Summer School students:
- Corey Campbell – currently a student on the BA (Hons) Acting course at BSA
- Renan Kanbay – currently studying for MFA in acting for film @ New York Film Academy
- Andy Cresswell – currently in Victims – Menan Films
- Katie Salt (graduated BSA 2010) - currently filming Paranoia with Nuzrath Molowa
- Lawrence Kemp (graduated BSA 2009) - currently on tour with Impact Theatre Company
- Frank C. Keogh (graduated BSA 2008) – recently in Vincent River by Philip Ridley in London
Week 1 explores the technical skills of voice (spoken and sung), movement (physical action and characterisation) and text study (contemporary and classical), as well as specialist areas such as improvisation and stage combat. Classes focus on applying the principles of Stanislavski in order ot develop the ability to inhabit character using the clues in the text.
Week 2 is an intensive period of rehearsal and sees the skills developed in week one integrated into a performance to take place in the School’s studio theatre on the final Saturday of the course.
There is no charge for this performance and family and friends are most welcome to attend.
The course fees also includes a visit to a professional theatre to watch a production.
You are required to pay the full course fee before starting the course. Once you have made your online application, a member of staff will aim to contact you within two working days.
Dates: Monday 5 - Saturday 17 August 2013
Times: 9.00am - 6.00pm (students to provide their own lunch)
Course Code: US0011 (please quote this code when paying your course fee)
Course Fee: £550.00
Prospective Students for Part-time and Summer Courses at BSA may enquire via (0)121 331 7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org