International Scholarships International Scholarships

Investing £1.2 million in international scholarships

Discover more

How to apply

Health Insurance

It is really important that you plan for how you would get help for medical problems if you became unwell in the UK. If you have a 6 month short-term student visa, you are not covered under the National Health Service (NHS), even if you have previously paid the Immigration Health Surcharge when you have had a different category of visa.  This means you will need to make sure you have adequate medical insurance to cover your stay in the UK.

You will have to pay for any other medical treatment as a private patient. It is therefore very important that you take out medical insurance for the duration of your visit to the UK. We cannot recommend any insurance company but you can search on-line and find out which one is best for your needs. Please note that private medical treatment is very expensive if you do not have adequate insurance.