Arriving in the UK
- Meet and Greet service
- Travel information
- Travelling safely
- Lost luggage
- What to bring
- Immigration and Customs
- Useful contacts
If your luggage is lost at Birmingham airport these steps will help you to be reunited with your bags.
- Try not to panic - staff at the airport will be able to help
- Wait at the luggage carousel until the entire luggage from your flight has come through. Check the areas near the carousel - if you were delayed at immigration, then your luggage may have already been unloaded.
Ask for Arvin Aviation desk or call +44 (0)121 767 7771 and tell the working staff member that your luggage has not arrived. You will then be asked for the following items, so have them ready:
• Your flight ticket which has the luggage receipts and flight details
• A description of the missing luggage
• Your address in the UK (The airport official may use this address for any correspondence or for forwarding your luggage)
- The official may be able to find out where your luggage is at that moment in time or you may have to wait for further notice.
- Once the official has taken all your details, he/she will explain the procedures for dealing with lost luggage and will give you a reference number and a telephone number for you to ring for any news. Alternatively they may give you a web address.
- Ask the official for a free emergency overnight kit which contains toiletries e.g. toothbrush etc. Please note that only some airlines provide this.