Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
With a Knowledge Transfer Partnership, a wealth of expertise is right at your fingertips at an affordable price.
We offer a number of Knowledge Transfer services allowing you to access innovative, practical operational solutions to suit your business needs.
Birmingham City University is a leading provider of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) and has helped more than 5,000 organisations in the West Midlands. Find out more about University-wide KTPs.
We have helped NHS establishments and Primary Care Trusts throughout the region to improve their business processes an operational efficiency. Successful collaborations include:
- University Hospitals Birmingham
- NHS Walsall Community Health
- Heart of Birmingham and Birmingham East and North Primary Care Trusts
Our KTPs can be combined with expertise from other schools across the University.
What are the benefits?
KTPs are known to benefit business in a number of ways. They have brought more than £100m extra profits into UK business and can be used to transform products, processes business systems and staff cultures. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Inject your business with the latest knowledge, technology and skills
- Access expertise at a fraction of consultancy costs
- Choose from short-term or long-term programmes designed to meet your specific requirements
- Make use of highly employable skilled graduates, experienced senior academics and their teams, and a whole host of cutting-edge technical facilities
How it works
We will work with you to develop a proposal detailing how a KTP will improve business performance and add value. The proposal is then submitted to the KTP Programme office. A KTP can be short-term or long-term, depending upon your requirements and aims.
During the course of the KTP, one of our talented graduates will work as a full-time KTP Associate. The University will deliver regular weekly supervision by the Academic Supervisory Team, administrative and marketing expertise, as well as access to advanced software, equipment, research and test facilities.
Discuss your business needs with Annette Copper by calling 0121 202 4551 or via email.