UNIVERSITY NEWS LAST UPDATED : 13 SEPTEMBER 2016
A group of 11 graduates from Birmingham City University’s School of Fashion and Textiles have been selected to showcase their individual designs, highlight full collections and share their industry successes on the Graziosa UK show ‘Fashion:Insider’.
‘Britain’s Next Top Model’ star
The show, presented by ‘Britain’s Next Top Model’ star Annaliese Dayes, is scheduled to appear on Freeview Channel 7 and Channel 159 on Virgin Media, with the first show airing on Wednesday 7 September at 7.30pm.
The program will run for 12 weeks, featuring one student interview per episode. Interviews took place at the School’s fashion studio, providing an insight into their work, experiences, career highlights and achievements so far. Milly Jackson, Lecturer in Fashion Design and Illustration, said:
The graduates taking part in the show include:
- Courtney Plumb, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
- Frida Hoffman, Fashion Design 2015 Graduate
- Holly Jayne-Smith, Fashion Design 2014 Graduate
- Joe Atkinson, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
- Kim Makina, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
- Kirsty Maguire, Fashion Design with Design for Performance, 2016 Graduate
- Ludmila Whittaker, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
- Madhura Kulkarni, Fashion Design with Accessories 2016 Graduate
- Rhys Ellis, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
- Romany Kemp Ghani, Fashion Design with Design for Performance 2015 Graduate
- Sofia Clarke, Fashion Design 2016 Graduate
Television Company Graziosa UK approached the School with the interest of featuring its Fashion Design students. The School received “great” interest from students specialising in a range of different disciplines including menswear, womenswear, bridal, dance wear and accessories.
Each episode of the show features upcoming designers and industry experts in order to explore the current landscape of the fashion industry.
Repeats will be shown on Sunday at 9.30am and 4.30pm. You can also watch live online and catch up on-demand at the www.bigcentre.tv website.
To keep up to date with all of the latest news from the School of Fashion and Textiles, follow @textilesBCU on Twitter and Instagram.