Postgraduate Fee Waivers
If you’re considering a postgraduate course you could be offered a loyalty scholarship of 20 per cent. To be eligible, you must have gained your degree at Birmingham City University (PhD or MPhil graduates are also eligible).
All our faculties offer a loyalty scholarship of 20 per cent to those meeting certain criteria, off the cost of the first year of your postgraduate course.
The scholarship will apply irrespective of the source of your tuition fee funding.
The International Office offers separate Loyalty Scholarships for international students.
Am I eligible for this scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fall into the following categories:
- You must have completed your undergraduate studies at Birmingham City University.
- Or you've obtained a PhD or MPhil at the University.
- You aren’t receiving any other type of Birmingham City University scholarship.
I am an international student who studied at the University. Am I eligible?
International students are not eligible for the scholarship. However, the International Office offers separate Loyalty Scholarships for international students.
Are there any courses that are excluded from the loyalty scheme?
The following courses are excluded:
- MA Design Innovation Management*
- MSc Data Analytics and Management*
- MA Fashion Management*
- MA Fashion Media Management*
- MA Fashion Retail Management*
- MA Global Education Management*
- MA Global Media Management*
- MA Global Media Management (The News Business)*
- MA Global Media Management (Advertising Industry)*
- MA Global Media Management (The Music Business)*
- MSc Oil and Gas Management*
- MA Textile Management*
- MA Luxury Brand Management**
- MA Luxury Jewellery Management**
- MA Luxury Product Management**
- PGCE and PCET
- MA Teaching and Learning
- MA Education and Leadership
- LLM International Human Rights
- LLM Corporate and Business Law
- LLM International Business Law
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in Health
The scholarship only applies if you are taking a named award. If you are taking one or more modules for CPD purposes that do not lead to a named award you will not be eligible.
* Separate scholarships of £2,000 are available
** Separate scholarships of £3,000 are available
Could I have the scholarship in money form instead?
The scholarship will be awarded as a reduction in tuition fees only; no cash alternative will be available.
Can I receive more than one postgraduate scholarship?
You are eligible to apply for more than one scholarship but can only receive one.
How can I apply?
Loyalty Scholarships are awarded automatically to eligible students - there's no need to apply.
When will I get the discount if I am studying part-time?
The loyalty discount for Birmingham City University graduates undertaking postgraduate studies part-time will be applied on a pro-rata basis at the start of each year of the course.
Other scholarships may be on offer for postgraduate students and we will publish further information when it is available. In the meantime, register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as we have more details.
You are eligible to apply for more than one scholarship but can only receive one, receiving the scholarship most beneficial to you.