BCU trained teachers - the three Cs
At Birmingham City University, our vision and our aim is to nurture and develop highly skilled individuals who can demonstrate the three Cs and become teachers that are committed, creative and confident.
By studying with us you will be:
- Being outstanding teachers
- Creating a vibrant learning environment in which all learners will thrive
- Addressing the needs of all learners and their communities
- Taking responsibility for their own professional development and learning
- Developing excellent subject and pedagogical knowledge
- Engaging, inspiring and motivating all learners
- Informing learning and teaching through research and evidence
- Overcoming disadvantage and barriers to learning
- Reflecting on the impact of their professional practice
- Act as leaders of learning
- Respond flexibly and proactively to change
- Communicate effectively with all partners in learning
- Accept responsibility and be accountable for their professional actions and decisions.