The subject area within this module is student led with guidance and facilitation from designated academic and practice support. Students identify an area of study which they would like to develop a greater understanding of and which promotes their clinical development through linkage to relevant KSF dimensions.
A significant proportion of the module is based around negotiation with academic and clinical facilitators to identify extended areas of study and opportunities that are possible to enhance the student's progression towards completion of the study.
We have a Disability Tutor who can help and support you.
Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS) rating
The Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme is a system in which you can accumulate the credits and build them towards recognised awards, if you so wish. This double module course provides 30 Level 6 (Degree level) credits.
This module could count towards a Top-Up Degree
- Provide an opportunity for students to develop their independent learning skills.
- Enhance their in depth knowledge of a particular subject area relevant to their clinical practice.
How is the module assessed?
The assessment is in two parts both of which must be passed.
- 4,000 word written assignment which focuses upon the students chosen area of study relating to the learning outcomes.
- Viva with practice and academic facilitators (30 mins). Questions will be based upon the learning outcomes
This module is open to any health care practitioner who wishes to study a subject that they have both a personal and professional interest in. Entry to the module is via discussion with the module leader who then agrees with you the subject and the duration over which you wish to study.
If you're unable to use the online form for any reason, you can complete our PDF application form instead.
Online application and enrolment process
- Complete an online application form via the link. The form requires you to submit a completed authorised funding form which must be uploaded with the application. Alternatively, you can download a hard copy application form.
- When your submitted application form has been processed and approved, details of the module and enrolment details will be sent to the email address stated on your application form.
- You will be sent an email asking you to complete your online pre-enrolment. This must be completed before you enrol.
- Without proof of funding, you will not be able to complete your enrolment/receive online pre-enrolment email. The funding form must be received within four weeks of the enrolment date; otherwise you will be withdrawn from the course.
Please submit your application as early as possible. We aim to give you a decision within two weeks of receiving your application. Please note that NHS Trust application deadlines may differ from our own and you should check with your NHS Trust training/education contact for confirmation of their deadlines.
Please ensure that you include full details of your qualifications and relevant work experience as part of your application.
Method of payment
The method of payment of your course fees will differ depending on whether you are a self-funding, sponsored or contracted/commissioned applicant. Definitions are provided below and you must choose the appropriate option when prompted. If you are unsure which funding method applies to you please consult your training/education contact in your NHS Trust prior to applying:
You are paying for the course and responsible for the fees.
Select 'Self Funded' when making your application.
Course fees are paid directly by the employer/NHS Trust which means we invoice your employer/NHS Trust to obtain payment.
To apply for this course you must download and complete the CPD Sponsorship Agreement Form, and submit it with your application. The upload facility is available in Section 3 of the application form: Fees and Sponsorship.
Select ‘Sponsored (eg employer, NHS Trust, charity)’ when making your application’.
The NHS Trust agrees with HE West Midlands for your course fees to be paid directly to the University from funds managed by HE West Midlands for pre-agreed programmes.
To apply for this course you must obtain a contracted/commissioned financial support form from your Trust contact and upload the completed form and submit it with your application. The upload facility is available in Section 3 of the application form: Fees and Sponsorship.
Select ‘Funded by HE West Midlands (Contracted/Commissioned)’ when making your application.
Contact Module Leader Tracey Cutler
Tel: 0121 331 7127
Our Professional Navigators, Adele Millington and Nicola Clarke, are on hand to offer guidance and will help you to choose which modules are best for you, taking into account your aims, professional or clinical experience, KSF requirements and your academic achievements.
Call Adele and Nicola on 0121 331 6162.