The aquanatal course at Birmingham City University is run and designed by midwives for midwives and allied health professional involved in the care of pregnant women. It is a 2-day course, including, anatomy and physiology, legal and professional aspects, practical skills in planning, implementing and evaluating aquanatal classes, land and pool sessions.
Evaluations of the course from participants have been overwhelmingly positive, with many participants going on to launch their own aquanatal services to childbearing women. The course has both University approval and Royal College of Midwifery accreditation.
Senior Midwifery Lecturer
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team online by using the Course Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
Prospective students from outside the UK
- Please use the International Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us +44 (0)121 331 5389.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 0121 331 6176