Studios and Equipment
Our music technology facilities are some of the best of their kind in the country. All of our studios are capable of recording from any of our concert halls or live rooms.
Recording studio, equipped with Audient ASP8024 Large-Frame analogue console with Mac Pro, Genelec Stereo and Yamaha NS10 Stereo monitoring, and Studer Analogue tape machine.
Three Pro Tools HD-equipped edit and production studio suites with High Definition Video editing capability and 7.1 surround systems and a range of vintage synths, equipped with:
- Focusrite ISA828
- Genelec 5.1 Monitoring
- ATC Stereo Monitoring
- Yamaha 02R96 mixing desk
Medium-sized room suitable for chamber groups and bands, equipped with:
- Yamaha grand piano
- Mapex drum kit
- Marshall, Peavey and Line 6 amplifiers
Small room suitable for production-based projects and vocals, etc also available.
All studio systems run the latest software, including Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Waves Audio Plugin bundles and Sonnox Elite Plugin bundle. All lab systems run Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sibelius, MaxMSP/Jitter, PD, IRCAM and Integra Software.
Other software available includes Celemony Melodyne, Native Instruments, Digital Performer.
Microphones and outboard
Substantial microphone collection of over 150 microphones and a wide range of studio outboard mic preamps and compressors from:
- SE electronics
- t.bone ribbon
- Universal Audio
- Warm Audio
- iMac Lab – comprising ten professional digital audio workstations (iMacs)
- Music for media lab – eight professional Apple Mac workstations set up to enable production and editing of music with moving image
- Recital Hall – unique to the Conservatoire, this bespoke live electronics venue comprises a Yamaha DM2000, iMac, and flexible d&b audiotechnik 10.2+ surround system
- Research room
- Various portable recording, editing and live electronics systems.