Orchestras, Ensembles and Chamber Music
The Bradshaw Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, 200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Ticket entitles you to drinks offer at Boult's Bar
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR BCU STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Conductor Daniele Rosina
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Thallein Ensemble
Dobrinka Tabakova Fantasy homage to Schubert
Joe Cutler Akhmatova Fragments
Emily Abdy new piece
Maarten Benschop new piece
Tonight’s concert has an Eastern European focus, featuring music by the GRAMMY nominated Dobrinka Tabakova who is Composer-in-Association with the BBC Concert Orchestra. Alongside this is a substantial song-cycle by Joe Cutler which sets the Russian poetry of Anna Akhmatova. This piece is included on Cutler’s new CD, Elsewhereness, which is released on 16 October by NMC Recordings. Completing the programme are brand new works by Royal Birmingham Conservatoire composition students, Emily Abdy and Maarten Benschop.