Find out more: Music Postgraduate study
Gallery Bar, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Drop-in to our coffee morning event to find out more about studying for a postgraduate music qualification or research degree at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
Whether you're intending to continue straight on to postgraduate study after graduation, or considering returning to study after a break, our postgraduate courses provide you with advanced-level training that prepares you for a successful career in the music profession, alongside excellent opportunities to develop other vital skills. Alternatively, you may be interested in PhD study in the near future.
At this informal event our staff and current postgraduate students will be on hand to answer all of your questions about the specialist tuition available after you have completed your undergraduate degree or current programme.
Our postgraduate courses
Our range of postgraduate degrees includes the following options:
- MA Musicology
- MMus, PgDip, PgCert in Instrumental Performance, Jazz, Composition, Vocal Performance and Music Technology
- MMus or PgDip in Orchestral Performance
- MMus or PgDip in Choral or Orchestral Conducting
- Post master’s level Advanced Postgraduate Diploma (APD) in Professional Performance
(Instrumental Performance, Vocal Performance, Collaborative Piano, Chamber Music, Choral Conducting, Opera Repetiteur)
- MMus Experimental Performance
- PhD research degrees encompassing a wide range of specialisms in Music (notably musicology, composition, music technology, performance, and jazz) and Performing Arts.
Who should attend?
- Current conservatoire students in third year starting to think about postgraduate study after graduation.
- Final year undergraduates still considering applying for a postgraduate study, looking to start in September 2019.
- Those currently holding an offer for a postgraduate course in music for September 2019.
- Potential external applicants who would like to find out more about our postgraduate courses.
- For MA Musicology, there is a possibility applicants could have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent work experience) from a variety of areas, including outside of a conservatoire background.
- Current undergraduate or postgraduate students who have an interest in pursuing a PhD in the short to medium term.
Forthcoming events in Postgraduate fairs
Forthcoming dates will be announced soon.