- Birmingham Conservatoire
27 Oct 2013 (10:00am - 6:15pm)
A warm invitation to all interested cellists, from school-age students to Conservatoire and university-level students, hobbyists and amateurs, to come and join us at Birmingham Conservatoire for an inspirational, free day of teaching, performing and chatting cello!
We are delighted to be able to showcase our magnificent staff, from the International Chair in Cello, Alexander Baillie to Eduardo Vassallo (Principal Cello, City of Birmingam Symphomy Orchestra (CBSO), Ulrich Heinen (ex-Principal Cellist, CBSO), Catherine Ardagh-Walter (CBSO), Lionel Handy (Birmingham Conservatoire, Royal Academy of Music) and Mikhail Nemtsov (Birmingham Conservatoire and Royal Northern College of Music).
Members of staff will be performing as well as teaching, along with appearances from both Conservatoire Cello Ensembles, directed by Alexander Baillie and Ulrich Heinen.
Sessions for teachers will also be available, as well as Cello Ensemble Sessions for all levels and of course a Mass Cello Ensemble Session at the end of the day when everyone will be invited to take part.
More information on the day can be found in The Strad.
- 10.00 – Registration
- 10.30- Masterclass – Eduardo Vassallo
- 10.30 – Masterclass – Ulrich Heinen
- 10.30 – SPARKS – Cello Ensemble Session (Catherine Ardagh-Walter)
- 12.00- COFFEE
- 12.15 – Concert 1 – Alexander Baillie and John Thwaites
- 13.00 – LUNCH
- 14.00 – Concert 2 - Lionel Handy and Mikhail Nemtsov
- 14.00 – Alexander Baillie - Specialist Sessions for Teachers and Students - "l'archet Francais" – Andre Navarra Technique
- 15.00 – SPARKS – Cello Ensemble Session 2 (Catherine Ardagh-Walter)
- 15.00– Masterclass – Alexander Baillie
- 15.00– Masterclass - Lionel Handy
- 16.30 – Birmingham Conservatoire Cello Ensemble Concert
- 17.15 – Massed Cello Ensemble – Everyone welcome to join in!
- Day to finish by 18.15